Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Traver Gallery

This was a beautiful little surprise. We were walking out of Ladro when I noticed that there was a gallery upstairs.
"Oh, there's a gallery upstairs," I said.
"You should check it out, it's neat," said a guy who was also going out the door.
So we did.
"They will take one look at us and know that we're not going to buy anything," said Thomas.
"We're in Seattle, everyone looks like us," I said.
Still I took pictures while no one was looking so as to be as inconspicuous as possible.
The lady at the front desk was really nice though.
Most of these are by (apparently) famous Seattle glass artist Dale Chihuly. You know him. He's the guy who did those big glass flowers at the DMA. I think. By the way I think the above vase is super super awesome, and only like $45K.
This one is only a quarter mil. We're picking out one for the yacht.
A real classy gallery though. They have one room darkened with a sort of shadow box set up for the clear pieces, results above.
Me likey!

1 comment:

  1. Nice! I would love to see his work in Seattle. Although, I suppose it's pretty much everywhere! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete