Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Seattle from a Boat

These are photos of the Seattle skyline and surrounding Elliot Bay area taken from the big-ass sailing vessel Obsession.
We were going to get the water taxi from Pier 55 to Alki Beach, but we missed it. These guys were right next door and didn't have anyone signed up for the 1 pm sail so we had the whole boat to ourselves. The weather was really beautiful.
It was peaceful.
I'm sailing away. Set an open course for the virgin sea... I've got to be free. Free to face the life that's ahead of me!
On board I'm the captain, so come aboard-- We'll search for tomorrow on every shore!
Come sail away, come sail away! Come sail away with me!
Come sail away, come sail away! Come sail away with me!
You wouldn't have been able to resist either.
Neat view of the Space Needle.
Pretty reflection of downtown in the water on the way back to shore.
Giant-ass cargo ship being pulled by tugboat...
Gigantic cranes for unloading said containers at the south end of the bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment