Sunday, September 6, 2009

Now Arriving SEA

Ah, travel. While my first trip to my future home had many special moments, in retrospect the most purely magical were those "firsts". Stepping off the plane, breathing northwest air, seeing Washington people and Seattle sunlight for the first time. I was so excited to see all of the things I had read about for the past few months that the airport seemed quite special and I started taking pictures right away. For instance, can I tell you how excited I was that they had public recycling bins? in the airport?
Rocks and stuff. In the airport!
Did I mention how excited I was about the recycling?
Planes. In the airport!!
In preparation for my trip I read Seattle and the Demons of Ambition by Fred Moody, former editor of Seattle Weekly. Highly recommended.
Monks waiting for their luggage! So cute!
Inside the trunk of our rental car. Thomas didn't find the illustration as amusing as I did.
Thomas in front of a statue he liked in downtown. To the right is our first view of Elliott Bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment