Monday, January 11, 2010

Our Cottage At Jungle Bay Resort

The rooms at Jungle Bay are individual cottages on the side of a mountain overlooking the ocean on Dominica. This is the open air shower attached to our room.
We had many visitors. Here is a little birdie in my room checking out my Joby pod.
A looking out the balcony door.
Looking in the room from our hammock.
Our comfy bed, and the sandals I had to buy while my bags were missing.
Our shower from the outside.
It's fun to lay here and watch the birdies hop up and down the ropes.

Path up to our cottage.
View of the next cottage.
View of the ocean from our room.
Towel creature!
Our room at night. The windows have no glass, but slat shutters that let the ocean breeze through. It was our first time sleeping under the mosquito net together. We slept to the sounds of frogs and waves. I loved, loved, loved Jungle Bay.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome pictures! This place looks amazing — another place to add to my way-too-long travel to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice photos. Im from Dominica but I've never been there. I would love to visit someday. Thanks for putting Dominica on the map

    ReplyDelete