Monday, August 9, 2010

Hyde Park Inn

Two weekends ago, Thomas and I check ourselves in to the beautiful Hyde Park Inn Bed and Breakfast. I used to live in Hyde Park and love the neighborhood, but have never stayed here on vacation. The house was just gorgeous and the price was right too! Our room was small, wood-paneled and balconied, and very, very comfortable.
It overlooked the pool. Thomas was still nursing his ankle sprain, a nice cool soak helped a lot at the end of the day.
That's our balcony.
Breakfast was served daily in the elegant dining room underneath us.
Fancy!
Breakfast was granola with berries and angel-food cake and some sort of egg-cheese-tortilla bake. There are so many places I love eating in Austin I expect yumminess and our kind hostess did not disappoint. She was very careful to have vegetarian options for us as well.
The formal sitting room contained many elegant, breakable things. They let us stay there anyways, which I though was sweet. In addition to all of the pretty things this room also contained a bowl of Hershey's Kisses, so it was pretty much my favorite place.
What great old home would be complete with out a great old porch? That's a very comfy swing, by the way.
Too hot right now to make much use of the outdoor dining table but I bet some great meals have been had here. I love old houses and this one is just stunning. The proprietors should really be commended on how much love they've given this place. We'd definitely go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment