Sunday, February 7, 2010

Anse Chastenet

Sorry it's been a long time. Got big projects working in the garden. I am excited to say that it's beginning to look picture-ready. In other less important news, I also quit my job and started a new one that I don't hate.
Continuing with the honeymoon pics... Anse Chastenet Resort on St Lucia was our last honeymoon stop. The resort cascades down the side of a mountain to a white sand beach. Above, Petit Piton from our porch.
Evening sky from the porch.
The porch outside our room.
Birds in the bougainvillea beneath our room.
Our room, decorated by local artists.
Detail of the painting around our door frame.
Lobby.
Reception.
Local potheads.
Decorated staircase.
Three little birds pitch by my door step, singin' sweet songs, melody pure and true.
Pile of sugar intended to distract these visitors from the breakfast buffet.
Mermaid sculpture on the beach staircase.
Bar with Petit Piton in the background.
Our very plaid bed with mosquito netting.
The world outside our door.
In-room art.
Well-placed fan. A most fantastic bed, if I do say so. No AC but the mountain breeze through the slatted windows kept me very comfortable.
The ocean on a sunny day.
The vegetarian restaurant...
fantastic painting!
You guessed it... Petit Piton.
Lighted path to the upper rooms.
Our windows at night let the cool breeze in.

No comments:

Post a Comment